Vlubä's interview to La Pella Muta

Vlubä - Live (Aphra's dead)
VLUBÄ’S INTERVIEW TO BLOG “LA PELLA MUTA”
(APRIL 2011)



START
Aphra: It all started from the Embryo. I think everything was there. It's something we have inherited. We can't tell exactly how and when... That's why I change my answer every time. It's constantly expanding!! So we can say that everything started when the Embryo was born, it developed and took shape, identity, symbology… Malleable matter that with a couple of hands transforms malleable matter that transforms thought.

VLUBÄ
Lula: In the shinning tumults the hopeless shipwrecks are reflected and in the perpetual flight of all the legends of the sun; the blood vanishes in the perfect universe. Vlubä is described by itself, encloses on itself the revelation of the mysteries, a legacy through the times by The High Kings from the High Spheres.
Our work is purely gnostic. We sense to gain knowledge, we transmute the “galactically” expanded sounds in the whole created universe, making the molecules of the air travelling through the atmosphere oscillate.
Vlubä recognizes the principle; taking from the forms a rustic and primitive language in the way we record and in the instrumentation.

ARTWORK
Aphra: Until now I take care of all that, because big parts of the album start from the graphic art and then become a record. But it also came from the hand... I can't imagine a record without an applicable and appropriate artwork.

UNDERGROUND SCENE IN BUENOS AIRES
Aphra: Here the underground is very strange, without any “Scene”, without places for live shows. It seems that here today, music annoys everybody... And the noise a lot more sure. There are no parties, no joy... Just silent people in boring places where you can see snobs and laptop-heads in... mortal silence. NADA!.. I don’t know, so much dispersion, ego and drowsiness. I ask myself, is there an underground here?

RECORD STORES IN BUENOS AIRES
Aphra: I suppose... I don't know, I don't go out often. Luckily I receive new records all the time by some good friends, and I think that the Internet is a good black market to find everything I want.
Lula: Before there were some small stores where we could find something but now... I don't know.

PLACES IN BUENOS AIRES TO LISTEN TO A "CERTAIN KIND OF MUSIC"
Aphra: If I were a foreigner, it would be better to have friends to contact first via email or by phone, instead of going through the streets without a guide, since the underground here’s a farce, as I said, and it's impossible to understand how it works in a short time... and it would be harder to find us, such ”outsiders”, that don't belong to any “underground” scene, just because we are “overclouds”...

RELATIONSHIP WITH DRUGS AND SHAMANISTIC EXPERIENCES
Lula: Nothing moderately, and everything in excess. Nothing dies, everything is eternal...
Aphra: Well, the plants are nearly ready to be cut and the mirrors have a good perfume...

LOS PRANKS
Aphra: Some years ago, I met Michael (Donnelly)... We immediately connected and he released one of our first terrestrial albums. Afterwards we started exchanging records by mail and then we decided to make one together... And while smoking some joints and laughing our asses off, we said: we are Los Pranks! And a smoke cloud mixed two worlds and finally Brad Rose gave birth to it on Digitalis.

REYNOLS/ANLA COURTIS/“BUSCANDO A REYNOLS” FILM
Aphra: Yes, I know Alan, he helped me with the mastering of our “Metallicradix” album. Yeah, but I liked "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park" much more.
Lula: I remain with the desire of seeing Tomasin live because when I discovered them all their tickets were always sold out. Wow... haha, they were like a mainstream band!!

BOOKS AND MOVIES
Aphra: I have just seen Alex de la Iglesia’s last film “Sad Trumpet Ballad”.
Lula: I read “El Baston de Mando” by Guillermo Terrera (a historian from Argentina and a very interesting person) and I follow all of Alejandro Jodorowsky’s works.

TYPICAL DAY
Lula: Today I bought two wigs; one for me and one for my cat.
Aphra: Sometimes I cough, sometimes... not so much.

FAVORITE RECORDS
Aphra: Well... I think that the three vinyls (recorded sometime ago) that are about to be released are my favorites. After those, I like "Dies mies jeschet..." that has been released by the Greek label Phase! Records; "Alive 1" that has been released by our Dead Collector label; "Prehistoric gocta üf-Üf-herr's und die electronische leerstelle" an album that’s not available yet... but exists!; "Live @ Erks" on Circuit Torçat label and "Tomá... vlubääbulv!" on the amazing British Chocolate Monk Records.
That's what comes to mind... these are the albums that represent us most, but obviously it's always the last record that we make that I like the most, because since we like to release our albums as soon as they’re recorded they have that “Moment of Explosion”... A corrosion which is still exploding in the big bang in expansion of our hypermind!!! which in this case is “Supraluminosos”, a new record that will be released by the cool great label from Peru: “Buh Records”... And that we'll present in Lima on August!

Vlubä - Live

MORE INFO, NEWS AND SOUNDS
http://www.facebook.com/thechromemoon
http://deadcollector.bandcamp.com
http://buhrecords.blogspot.com
http://freemusicarchive.org/music/_vlub_/

Special thanx to interview initiator Tingis, La Pella Muta italian blog and Luciano Giovanetti/Andrij Orel for the English translation.